Friday, August 03, 2007

First citation

This is a bit of a big deal for me - I was reading an article (reference below) and thinking, hmmm, this sounds quite similar to the article I co-wrote. And then I thought, hmmm, it's very interesting, and then I thought, 'oh, she was working with Leonie Rowan and Juli Lynch on an ARC project', and then I see in the references:

Johnson, N. F., Rowan, L. & Lynch, J. (2006). Constructions of gender in computer magazine advertisements: confronting the literature. Studies in Media and Information Literacy Education, 6 (1), available: http://128.100.205.52/jour.ihtml?lp=simile/issue21/johnson1.html, (date accessed, 23/10/2006).

My first citation! I have been cited by somebody else!

The lovely lady in question (no, I haven't met her) is Susanne Gannon. Here's her article reference:
Gannon, S. (2007). Laptops and lipsticks: feminising technology. Learning, Media and Technology, 32 (1), 52 - 67.

The first of many, I hope. I thought I should document it, as it's pretty cool for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger ailsa said...

Congratulations on both your thesis being in and being cited, i live in hope! This link worked for me when i googled the title.
http://www.utpjournals.com/simile/issue21/johnson5.html

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home